Plainville is a small town in Hartford County, Connecticut. It is located midway between New Britain and Bristol, and 14 miles southwest of Hartford. The town has a population of 17,525 as of the 2020 census.
Surprisingly enough, Plainville was originally part of Farmington, and was first settled in 1657. It was incorporated as a separate town in 1869. Interesting enough, the town’s name comes from the fact that it is located on a large, flat plain.
Plainville has a diverse economy, with major industries including electrical products, spring manufacturing, tool making, metal stamping, heavy construction, and stone quarrying. The town is also home to several retail and service businesses.
Here are some of the things that Plainville is known for:
– The Plainville Hot Air Balloon Festival, which is held annually in August and attracts thousands of visitors from all over the country.
– Robertson Airport, CT’s oldest airport.
– The Metacomet Trail, a long-distance hiking trail that passes through Plainville and offers stunning views of the Connecticut countryside.
– The Plainville Community Center, which offers a variety of recreational and cultural programs for all ages.
– Plainville is a great place to live, work, and raise a family. It is a community with a strong sense of pride and a commitment to its residents.
– Plainville is also known for Roy Web Design! Give us a call today for any of your web design needs.